WHAT IS GROUNDING?
In electrical systems, there is a system called a Grounding System, that connects specific parts of a power system with the ground for safety purposes.
For your body, Grounding (also known as earthing) refers to bodily contact with the Earth's natural electric charge which has numerous benefits including:
- reducing inflammation
- decreased pain
- increased energy
- improving blood flow
- reducing stress
- increases heart rate variability
- improves sleep
- improves cortisol rhythm
- generating greater well-being
HOW TO DO IT:
The great news is it is super simple to do this and reap the rewards.
- Stand barefoot on the Earth. Feel the ground beneath your feet. Squish the dirt between your toes.
- Imagine your legs are a tree trunk. Imagine your feet and toes are roots going down into the ground.
- Sit or lay down outside. Soak up the sunshine. Breathe the fresh air.
Do you feel refreshed? I hope so.
But if you don't, that's ok. Start small.
Remember, every little bit counts and every little bit that you do gets you closer to where you want to be.
Love, Light, & Hugs,